Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two Wolves




One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.


He said, "My son, the battle is between two"wolves" inside us all.


One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, falsepride, superiority, and ego.


The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.


"The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:"Which wolf wins?"


The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."



(Photo by tberling. To see more photographs by this photoagrapher, please click here).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You feed my good wolf, my loving wolf, my friendly wolf. Thank you for feeding it! Sometimes, she gets hungry....but I come here and I fill her up!

Love you!!!